Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sydney 2011 - Part III

DAY 3 & 4

Spend the day in IBM Australia office. Ooo the office has an amazing view of the city - you could see the tall buildings and the harbor with the bridge and the opera house in the distance...wow was what went thru my mind. I wanted to take pictures but.....i thought it was best that I maintained a sort of professional etiquette and not act like some little small town girl out in the - big city (although that's how I actually feel like sometimes bahahaha :p) so no pictures boohoo..but you can always use your imagination yeah hehehe...lunch was Japanese teppanyaki (i know teppanyaki references already to Japanese and writing it out now seems to make the term a little bit redundant haha)...
We left the office around 6++. Headed towards the Kings Street Wharf for a little seafood indulgence - heard the seafood over in Sydney is supposed to be one of the best and freshest (i don't think that 'freshest' is an actual word =\). And yeah it is. The main that I had was pork ribs (waaaaayyy off from seafood hahas) but we had a starter of a seafood basket which was so yum and fresh! ;) ~should have gotten more seafood` kekeke...
The thing about Friday nights over there was that it was literally a party! Everyone was out and everyone was dressed up! Some even to the point that they would endure physical pain (I'm talking about the girls if you're wondering hehehe) just to look good - girls in really really high heels struggling to strut their stuff hahas...I mean a part of me was laughing at them (yes, I am mean blueek!!) but a part of me actually admires them for their effort. They took the time to dress up and go out and have fun! Over here, I'm sometimes stuck in the office on Friday nites working -___-" so I wonder, who's more pathetic huh? hehehe...
Oh well so that was that :) The next day we a good sleeping in. Ahh sleep, oh how I miss thee...and when I say slept in, I meant really slept in - woke up only at midday hahas! Refreshed (though still could sleep smore - I mean cmon, it's sleep! :p), we headed out towards Chinatown to get ourselves some brunch. So we seated ourselves at the Golden Harbor Restaurant for some Dim Sum or Yum Cha as it's more commonly known...slurps!! XD
We stopped by Paddy's Market after a very filling and yummy brunch to get our souvenir shopping done - really good bargains over there. If it weren't for the lack of space, I would have bought more stuff!! True story...
After that, headed out back towards Sydney Harbor to catch the Opera House in the light of day before making our way back towards George St. to meet up with Zoe's counterpart to catch a movie - Pirates of the Caribbean : On Stranger Tides in 3D!! It was good, funny not to say great or anything. I still enjoyed it very much. And oh yeah, I took the 3D glasses back with me kekeke...what?? I think they're cool okay :p
We made our way back after the movie. The night was still young (well in our standards hahas :p) so once at the hotel, we popped open a bottle of wine (soooo effin' cheap! AUD8.00 only!! wtf!) and wound down sippin' on wine and munching on macaroons...ahh what a way to end the day...I could get used to this you know...I really could ;)

xoxo

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment