Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Counting down the time...and lunar rings...


**I wish I was out in space counting the luminescence lunar rings of distant satellites**

Well, whadya know....we have hit the mid of the year. Okay, so it's slightly after the mid of the year. But who's counting anyways :p

Time flies when you're having fun they say. But I can't really say that I am though hahas. I have come to conclude that time flies.Period. It doesn't matter if you're having fun or miserably falling into pieces - time just moves pass us nonetheless...

I'm trying to think of what I have achieved these 6 months into 2010. It's a little discerning to find that nothing seems to jump into my mind - damn...seriously, I can't think of a single proud-of-myself achievement. Sad isn't it? God, I can't believe I'm saying all these...

I guess keeping my job is a good thing hehehe...I made new friends - good friends at that :) Got to know my existing friends better...laughed, cried, acted crazy (which is normal me), acted sane, climbed up and fell down and lost my heart....sigh...

Actually, looking back, I might not have done anything huge that would have made people go 'WHOA!' but...it's the little things. If I looked hard enough, I can see that I did pretty okay for the likes of me...I could do more, and thus, that is what I will work on but I know I shouldn't look down on me at the moment :)

Some people measure their lives with the number of things done and achieved. Yeah, that seems all impressive but hey, it's how you feel inside that counts at the end of the day. When you're standing at the white pearly gates and you could look the Almighty in the eye and honestly say you have no regrets, then my friend, I believe you have very much lived a proud life :)

"When it's all said and done, what truly matters is what's inside your heart...the rest of the world just exists..."

*****
She lost a lover
who was both forbidden and estranged
She charts the planets
To see if things will ever change

She's counting lunar rings
Though she's never been one for astronomy
She's shivering in the northern wind
She's Begging, beggin to begin

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment