Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Home for the weekend...

Over the weekend I went back home to JB to my parents place.I don't usually look forward to it.I don't know what that says about me though.Anyways,I always feel different when I arrive.I see my mum and dad.They were waiting up for us(my brother tagged along)even though it was pass 1 am when we arrived.The drive was a little draggy.But the songs played on the radio was good company.I singed along.I love driving in the night...

The next morning I was up around 10am.Had my breakfast-hokkien wantan mee.Never knew I would miss the taste though.I used to be so sick of wantan mee.It shows what powers time possess.Anyways,a little while after breakfast my dad asked me to help him out in his little garden out front.Ever since his bypass operation he had been finding little ways of busying himself and found that he really liked gardening.Well it was mostly veggies that he had cultivated in a small patch of soil in our front yard.It was impressive.But then again,my dad was always one that never seem to say never.

It was raining,drizzling as we were picking out these little weed looking greens he had planted.They were called 'Ponani' in tamil.I nearly burst out laughing when he told me what they were called.I had just only watched a comedy hour skit by Russel Peters the day before and there was a part where he was telling some story on what the Jamaicans called a woman's 'ehem ehem'(you know what I mean :P).Well they called them 'Punani'.So you can see why I had to control myself.I can only imagine me trying to explain my laughing to my dad...

The weekend went by pretty quickly.It was raining most of the time in JB.Which was good considering how hot and humid it still felt.I got wet in the rain a few times.Not intentionally though I would have loved to have done that.My dad was out golfing half the days and whenever he was home he never stopped talking-on my future,
my sister's future,my brother's future and the future in general Whoa...I never knew that my dad could talk so much.It was an earful but I always understood that he meant well.Still doesn't change the fact that at times it was really annoying hehe :P In his eyes I would always be a little girl in need of looking out...

When it was time to leave,my heart felt heavy as it always does.My doggie Ponnie had that 'you're-leaving-me-again' expression on her cute face.I hugged her good and hard one last time as I packed my stuff in my car.Then I hugged my mum and dad oodbye.I can't really look them in the eye.Tears would roll.

It's funny how your emotions plays you.You think you know yourself pretty well, when the next instance can prove you otherwise.I know I still have loads to learn about myself.It's a journey.Just like the one I'm taking back to KL...

No comments:

Post a Comment