Thursday, June 10, 2010

The English Patient


I watched the English Patient tonight. I remembered what I loved about it. Mainly that love doesn't knock. And even though you try your very hardest to look away, you cannot deny what is inevitably written...

I smiled, I laughed but mostly I cried...watching, I can understand why it won Best Picture. I have yet to read the book that this movie was adapted from. I will in due time...

I close my eyes and I can still hear the piano score playing in the background. The sentimental romantic in me...

"We die, we die rich with lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodies we have entered and swum up like rivers, fears we have hidden in, like this wretched cave. We are the real countries, not the boundaries drawn on maps with the names of powerful men. I know you will come and carry me out in to the Palace of Winds. That's all I've wanted-to walk in such a place with you, with friends on earth without maps..."

"Betrayals during war are childlike compared with our betrayals during peace. New lovers are nervous and tender, but smash everything. For the heart is an organ of fire. For the heart is an organ of fire..."

No comments:

Post a Comment