Sunday, April 22, 2012

Peppery Weirdness...

wood-pepper-mill
It's funny how pepper on it's own tastes icky, but when added to a dish, it enhances the flavor...so it's not a very profound thing to be contemplating about. But I'm looking at my pepper and I'm thinking about that. It's just weird. Coz I'm thinking, how did it come about to people back then to think about adding pepper to food. 

I mean they would have tasted it on it's own first right? They'd be all like,"Blerghh! What is this awful stuff??" and the next thing you know, "I think I should grind this into icky brown crumbles and add them to my meat!" I mean how..? Why...? Ahhhh...pepper....you see what I'm talking about? Over thinking about stuff...it's just pepper. I should just let it enhance my food's flavors, thank it, and be done with it....

I can't believe that I'm actually writing a post about how weird pepper is and then stating about how weird it's weirdness is...ok starting to not make sense (yeah I do that a lot)...need to stop before I make a fool of myself....oh wait, too late...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment