Monday, September 24, 2012

Just Another Day...


...I don't think I can ever let you go. Not now. Not when you are etched in me...

Today there was an old man on the train that sang his heart out. He hung on to the pole and belted out a Chinese tune. He walked back and forth between the last two train cars and finally stopping and sitting down  in the car that I was in. Exactly opposite to where I am. Some guy that was beside the old dude got up and changed seats. The old dude was still smiling and humming where he sat. It's like nothing can bring him down. Then he stopped and he looked right at me and tipped an imaginary hat (or a real one just that its invisible and I couldn't see it). He smiled and said "Good morning!" to which I just smiled and nodded. Then he stood up, continued humming and walked up towards the middle car of the train...

This is my typical ride on the East-West line. Yes, I do dread the length but I get to experience life, like being greeted by chirpy-singing-old-dudes that seems to have unlocked the secret to happiness...I wonder what will happen tomorrow?...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment