Monday, April 25, 2011

I'll Do My Crying in the Rain...

Photo: Olimpia Zagnoli

...tears are shed for no one but me...but if you want to know, I'd probably let you know...

I recently read a post on the New York Times - it's a sort of an observation by Melissa Febos (author of 'Whip Smart' and a teacher at Sarah Lawrence and NYU) of the people in New York - specifically New Yorkers that wear their hearts on their sleeves.

How often do we get to see strangers crying in public?...In a huge city like New York, you would bound to bump into one or two criers along the way...

If you asked, me, even though PJ or KL isn't that big of a city as compared to NY, I don't think I had ever bumped into anybody that was crying...it could be because of where I am. As in, living in Asia, where the culture is basically to hide your emotions within yourself, it's not gonna be easy to just spot someone bawling in public...haha :p

Well the point is, as from what I can discern, is...how can I put it - what makes a person cry in front of the whole world? Okay, not the whole world per say - but you know what I mean...why would do so? Crying is such an intimate emotion and like what Melissa Febos was saying - often or not, most of us find it hard just to even cry in front of the people closest to us, family even. So how is it any easier to shed tears in a city full of strangers?

Maybe that's just it you know - they are after all strangers. Sometimes we cry just because at that moment that's all that we could ask ourselves of. We don't expect anything and sometimes we don't really want to answer anybody's questions...it is ironically much more private to be crying in public hehe...

I'm trying to think back if I had cried in public before...can't really recall at the moment probably because I haven't done so...I have to admit I am not someone that shows off my emotions very obviously. I guess it comes from how I grew up (that's a story for another day hehe :p)...

Oh well, if ever I end up crying in public, I will let you know and if you ever bump into me doing so - ask or not ask me about it, either way I don't think that would not matter much because if I was crying in public, it would mean that at that moment I have not a single care in the world other that the fact that I just want to cry...

xoxo

PS : Hmmm...do I want a countdown...?
PS2 : I actually moved like about close to 100 boxes today...I'm
actually quite strong...damn Skye :p
PS3 : Not a word on PS2...let me be larrr hahas :p

No comments:

Post a Comment